Bacon wrapped stuffed peppers are one of Reny’s favorite foods. And the hotter – the better she likes them. My hubby likes them too. Let’s face it, who doesn’t love something wrapped in bacon!
So we were talking over a small menu for a little get together we were planning and Reny wanted to make her stuffed pepper recipe. Now I know that I’m one of those few strange people who don’t really like hot foods (I can’t be the only one) but I didn’t want to miss out. I mean really – it’s bacon wrapped food! Anyway, while we were out shopping I saw these little sweet peppers in red, yellow, and orange. I thought they would look great stuffed and wrapped in bacon. AND more importantly, I could enjoy them too! So we got a bag of them along with the jalapeño peppers.
Of course the hot peppers were the first to go but we all enjoyed the sweet peppers. Even the kids tried them.
Making Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Peppers
We started by making the filling using cream cheese, cooked shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, cilantro, and salt & pepper.
Next, we halved the peppers and cleaned out the seeds. Then we stuffed them with the filling.
Now comes the best part – we wrapped them in bacon.
And bake them for 25 to 30 minutes at 400° F.
The recipe for Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Peppers
- 1 bag sweet bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 6 jalapeño peppers, halved and seeded
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 package center cut bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400° F. And prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, chicken, cheese, cilantro and salt & pepper.
- Fill pepper halves with filling and wrap with bacon strip. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until bacon is cooked, about 25 to 30 minutes. If bacon is not crispy, broil for several minutes - watching carefully to prevent burning.